This post is sponsored by Chevrolet Traverse and I am a Chevrolet owner!
I can’t believe my son is back in school for the year, and we played our first regular season high school football game last Friday night! Last week, we had to get back into our in school weekday routine, after a whole summer off.
Some days I feel like we live out of our truck this time of year. We’re always on the go once school is back in session. Between practices, school itself, work, football games, and other weekend plans, it seems like we don’t even have time to catch our breath some weeks. I definitely want to have reliable transportation, and for most of my adult life that has been a truck. That’s why I’m a fan of the new 2016 Chevrolet Traverse for the ultimate family ride.
I like to keep the truck packed with a few essentials so we can be ready to go to a Friday night football game, a weekend bonfire or even a cookout at a moment’s notice. To complicate things even more, it can go from warm and sunny to cold and rainy within a few hours this time of year.
Here’s my autumn checklist for an on-the-go mom kit to survive this time of year. I keep this on hand as I’m walking out the door, or getting the car packed.
- Spare sweatshirt or jacket – for cool nights
- Rain coat or umbrella – for rainy days
- Extra t-shirts – for my son; he’s a teen boy, enough said…
- Bug spray – the mosquitos have been terrible here in Ohio this year
- Hats – for sunny days and cold evenings
- A blanket – to wrap up in during cold evening football games
- On-the-go snacks (nuts, granola bars, trail mix) – I’m not always a fan of the options in the concession stand
- Spare pens/ pencils – my son’s always losing his
- Spare mouth pieces, pads and gear – for my son
- Portable charger for our electronic devices – low batteries are a fact of life
- Spare charging cords – we try to have an extra cord for each of our devices packed or in the truck
- Available built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi®*- the new 2016 Chevrolet Traverse offers built-in Wi-Fi®*!
- We also keep a couple lawn chairs or stadium chairs in the backseat most of the time, so we’re packed and ready. I hate to get to a bonfire or cookout and realize we left the lawn chairs at home.
Here’s a printable version of my checklist you can use to help organize your family this fall.
When we’re on the go it’s always good to stay in touch with each other, so a dead cell phone isn’t a good thing. I always try to keep a couple portable chargers in my mom on-the-go bag. I also own my own small business, which means I’m sometimes working on the go. The available built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi®* in the new 2016 Chevrolet Traverse will help me stay connected and online whenever I have a little downtime, like when I’m waiting for my son after school or practice.
With spacious seating, ample cargo space and available safety and entertainment technologies, there’s no better vehicle to bring the family together than the Chevrolet Traverse.
*Requires a compatible mobile device, active OnStar service and data plan. 4G LTE service available in select markets. Visit onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations.