I’ve posted tons of ideas for decorating cupcakes, but it just occurred to me I’ve never posted my favorite vanilla cupcake recipe. This is my go to recipe when I decide to make my own cupcakes, and it’s what I base all my other cupcake recipes off of. It’s just as easy to make as the box mix. You only need a few more ingredients, and they’re probably already in your kitchen.
Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter (room temperature)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat your oven to 350`F.
2. In a small mixing bowl combine the flour and baking powder and set it aside.
3. Beat together the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, then add the eggs one at a time, beating as you go.
4. Add the vanilla to the butter sugar mixture, then slowly add the milk mixing as you go.
5. Once you’ve incorporated all the moist ingredients, slowly add the flour mixture, until all the flour is incorporated.
7. Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way full.
8. Bake at 350`F for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Let the cupcakes cool then ice them with your favorite icing, here’s one of my favorites: Butter Cream Icing
8. Add your favorite sprinkles, cupcake toppers, or decorative wraps.
This recipe makes a little more than 2 dozen cupcakes.
You don’t have to use cake flour, you can substitute regular flour if that’s what you have on hand. It will just give the cupcakes a little coarser texture, but it won’t affect the flavor.
Like I said above this is my favorite basic vanilla cupcake recipe, I have several variations and flavors I make from this one recipe. I’ll be back to share more flavors over the next couple weeks.
Looking for more? Check out these Oreo Cookies and Cream Mini Cupcakes