Cranberry sauce is a holiday favorite at our house! I love the tart flavor of cranberries, it’s one of my favorite flavors this time of year! Today I have a cranberry applesauce recipe to share. This recipe combines the perfect balance of sweet and tart for your holiday lineup. The applesauce provides a natural sweetener without adding too much sugar.
- 4 Red Delicious Apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 12 oz Fresh Cranberries
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Water
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Cloves
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- In a large sauce pan add Water, lemon juice and sugars.
- Stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Add cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
- Add cranberries and apple slices.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce hat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Do you have a favorite holiday flavor or recipe? What special dish do you look forward to every year?